Blue Hills Country Club - Rough Mower
- Knowledge of game of golf
- Experience operating small and large golf course equipment
Special Requirements: Preferred experience with Toro 4500D or John Deere 9009 Rough units
Salary: $13-$15 DOE
Benefits: Paid Sick Time and Vacation based on Blue Hills Country Club employee manual, Health and Dental Insurance, 401K, Uniforms
Contact: Woody Moriarty
Blue Hills Country Club
777 W Burning Tree Dr.
Blue Hills Country Club - Horticulturist
Educational Requirements: Horticulturist Degree or related field preferred
The design and maintenance of landscape beds and ornamental plantings
Responsible for seasonal planting change-outs of beds and containers
Purchasing of plants and other materials as necessary
Be able to renovate landscape beds independently
Use prior knowledge of soil amendments and use when necessary
Be comfortable with power equipment: soil tiller, power pruners, weedeater, etc.
Expected to work with the grounds crew on the golf course when needed
Proficiency with Microsoft Office to maintain records, spreadsheets, etc.
Special Requirements: None
Salary: $15-16 hour DOE
Paid Sick Time and Vacation based on Blue Hills Country Club employee manual, Health and Dental Insurance, 401K, Local Association Dues paid, Educational Opportunities, Uniforms
Blue Hills Country Club
777 W Burning Tree DR
Kansas City, MO 64145
Perfect Play Fields and Links Seeking Full-Time Maintenance Manager
Perfect Play Fields and Links is a twenty-five year old athletic field and golf course construction company based in Belleville, Illinois. Perfect Play provides high quality work constructing and renovating athletic fields at all levels of play ranging from parks and recreation to professional sports teams.
We are seeking a well-rounded and talented individual to fill a full-time position enhancing our Maintenance Division. Candidates must be positive thinking, service minded, and motivated with a strong work ethic and uncompromising attention to detail. The individual must demonstrate exceptional people skills and work within the can-do culture of our company.
The primary focus of the position is operation and development of the maintenance division. Success in this position requires a thorough knowledge of the construction side of the company. The ideal candidate must be willing to work and learn the construction side of the industry in order to provide the highest quality maintenance. To perform the duties of this position, we utilize a wide variety of equipment including but not limited to: farm tractors with laser-controlled grading equipment, skid steers, dozers, track hoes, pan scrapers, mowers, sprayers, spreaders, aerifiers, etc. The individual must possess or be willing to quickly obtain the necessary licenses to perform the job (pesticide applicator, CDL, etc.). The individual must be cognizant of selling opportunities and eventually learn how to assess and write project proposals. The individual will have the opportunity to grow with the company and eventually learn the skills of running a division.
For the right candidate, this is an opportunity to utilize existing skills and knowledge while growing and learning the processes involved in a rewarding and highly specialized industry.
To apply, please send a resume and any other pertinent information to firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O. Box 24006 Belleville, Illinois 62226.
Irrigation Technician - Ryan Lawn and Tree
We are seeking Irrigation Technicians for our Overland Park and surrounding service areas. We Hire great people for our employee-owned company. RYAN is a leader in the green industry. This is a full-time year round, permanent position with a growing company.
Do you like working outdoors?
Do you have great irrigation service skills?
Do advancement opportunities in an employee owned company excite you?
Are you confident, detail oriented and quick?
Do you enjoy meeting people?
The Position: You will work in all areas of the irrigation in our Kansas City office: irrigation service and repair, system activations, system winterizations, sales and customer service. Expect long work-days and 6-day work-weeks during peak season.
Preferred Qualifications: 2+ years experience in the irrigation industry
Advancement Opportunities: We have branches in Kansas City MO, Overland Park KS, Shawnee KS, Springfield MO, St. Louis MO, Wichita KS, and Tulsa OK. We intend to enter other cities in the future.
Equipment Technician/Equipment Manager - Trails West Golf Course
Trails West Golf Course is seeking an Equipment Manager. Trails West is a U.S. Army golf course under the Family, Morale, Welfare and Recreation Directorate.
This position is responsible for all maintenance of equipment including golf carts. Preventative maintenance and good record keeping required. All equipment are maintained by manufacturers recommendations. Experience at a golf course is not required as both the Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent have equipment management experience.
Tools are provided. The maintenance facility is state of the art with a new reel grinder, two post lift and many other pieces of equipment provided to create a great working facility. The plan is in place.
Salary: $15.56-$18.16 per hour
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, and Prescription drugs, Federal Retirement, Matching 401k, 4 weeks annual leave, up to 13 days sick and or family medical leave
All federal regulations apply to this position. A security background check is required. The Army and FMWR require periodic training with updates
This position is an excellent and secure position for the right candidate. The Army values people of skill and integrity who exhibit teamwork. FMWR is committed to serving the military and their families.
Candidates who may not meet all of the requirements for the position may be considered as a trainee with less pay and benefits until adequately trained.
Contact: To apply to this position go to usajobs.com or https://www.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/489548800
This position will on be posted on the website for a few weeks
For more info call Mike Boaz 913-306-4814
Mechanic - Tiffany Greens Golf Club
Tiffany Greens Golf Club is an 18-hole semi-private facility located in the Northland of Kansas City, in close proximity to the KCI Airport. It is owned by John Q. Hammons Hotels LLC and was opened in 1999.
The Mechanic position will oversee all daily and seasonal maintenance of mowers and all turf equipment; along with diagnosis of problems, parts ordering, and keeping a clean and safe maintenance facility.
- Small and large engine repair
- Welding experience is a plus
- Prior golf experience is not required but and added bones
- All tools will be provided
Salary: Annual Salary Position
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, and Vacation
Available: March 1, 2018
Randy Cox, Superintendent
Horticulturist - Mission Hills Country Club
Mission Hills Country Club was built in 1914, elegantly nestled in Mission Hills, Kansas near the famed Country Club Plaza of Kansas City. This is a great opportunity for the right person to continue our great history of having one of the best landscaped properties in Kansas.
- General knowledge of plants: annuals, perennials, shrubs and trees
- Regional knowledge: native plants, general weather patterns
- Familiarity with plant pests, identification and treatment
- Basic knowledge of fertilizers and pesticides
- Commercial Pesticide Applicator Certification
- Basic office skills: use of spreadsheets, budgets, keeping records
- Ability to work with other team members to coordinate use of equipment, scheduling labor help, managing helpers
- Creative Problem solving
- Seasonal decorations
- Golf Course special even decorations
- Tree inventory maintenance
- Bird nest box maintenance
- Establishing/maintaining wildlife habitat
- Obtaining/maintaining Audubon International Cooperative Sanctuary Certification
Educational Requirements: Horticulture degree preferred
Salary: $42000 - $47,000 DOE
Benefits: 401k with club match after one year, health insurance, dental and vision available, free lunch, uniforms, dues for local chapters paid vacation, and PTO accrual
Date available: ASAP
Justin Hunt, GCS
Mission Hills Country Club
5400 Mission Hills Dr. Mission Hills, KS 66208
Assistant Superintendent - City of Overland Park, Sykes/Lady
The City of Overland Park has an Assistant Superintendent position available at the Sykes/Lady Overland Park Golf Course.
- Assist Golf Course Superintendent in the development of daily golf course work plans, inspections/evaluations of turf conditions, maintenance of golf course records, supplies and equipment.
- Trains and supervises employees in golf course maintenance and proper equipment use.
- Manages capital improvement projects.
- Performs duties required of golf course attendants.
- Assumes responsibilities of GCS in his/her absence.
- Operates equipment during emergency operations, including snow removal.
- Associates degree in turf, golf course management, a related field or a combination of formal education and work experience.
- Possession of a valid Class A or B commercial drivers license with air brake endorsement or ability to obtain within six months of employment.
- Must maintain an insurable driving record
- Possession of a Kansas Commercial Applicator Certification, with 3A and 3B endorsements.
- One to three years of increasingly responsible experience in golf course operations and maintenance work or equivalent level of experience.
- Must successfully pas a background check, drug screen, and physical.
- 7:30 am to 4:30 pm with OT and weekends as required.
Salary: $3,332 - $4,164 per Month.
Position open until filled
Apply online, attach a resume, cover letter. You can view your online application at www.opkansas.org if unable to apply online, please visit the Human Recourses office between 1pm and 4pm Monday - Friday
City of Overland Park
Human Resources Dept.
8500 Santa Fe Dr.
Overland Park, KS 66212
Golf Course Superintendent - Clay County Missouri Government
The County of Clay, Missouri has an opening for a Golf Course Superintendent. This is a supervisory position that works independently with general oversight and direction from the Assistant County Administrator-Facilities. This individual is entrusted with the maintenance, operations and management of Paradise Point Golf Complex and will carefully manage the maintenance of the golf course while conserving and protecting natural resources.
Starting Salary: $54,262 - $65,000
Benefits: Clay County offers a great benefit package to regular full and part-time employees, including two defined benefit retirement plans fully funded by the County and a deferred-compensation plan with a match on the first 6% contributed.
We also offer three medical plans including a high deductible plan (premium paid in full by the County for full time employees) dental, vision, two flex spending accounts, and supplemental plans
Full time employees are also offered life insurance (2X annual salary) paid by county, paid vacation/sick leave, 13 paid holidays, LTD, and tuition reimbursement.
Position is open until filled
Contact: Apply via the County Employment Application form found at https://www.claycountymo.gov/@api/deki/files/1520/=Employment_Application.pdf or at the Clay County Administrative Building at 1 Courthouse Square, Liberty, MO 64068
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of County Employment Application, but can be added.
Assistant Superintendent - Stone Canyon Golf Club
Stone Canyon is the only Greg Norman design in the Midwest. It is one of the most unique courses in the Kansas City metro area. This 18 hole course is built in a rapidly growing development area between Blue Springs and Independence Missouri; the potential for golf course development is limitless. New ownership acquired the course three years ago and has pushed the golf course in a positive and exciting direction.
The Assistant Superintendent is crucial to the success of the Superintendent, as well as, the golf course. He/She will be required to lead the maintenance staff and accomplish tasks to help the course succeed. Stone Canyon is looking for a candidate that is progressively looking to advance their career to the next level.
Education Requirements: 2 or 4 year degree in Turfgrass Management
Experience Requirements: 2-5 years of experience in an assistants position
Special Requirements: Obtain a Missouri Pesticide Applicator's license within 6 months
Salary: $35,000-$40,000 (DOE)
Benefits: Uniforms, meals, golf privileges, membership to HAGCSA, PTO, year end bonuses
Date Available: March 1, 2018
Expiration Date of Position: May 1, 2018
Jacob Rockhold, Superintendent
Equipment Technician - Nicklaus Golf Club
Nicklaus Golf Club is seeking a qualified individual for an equipment technician/shop manager position. We are in the process of building a new shop which will include new reel grinding equipment, as well as, many pieces of new turf equipment.
- Keeping a clean, safe shop.
- Setting and grinding cutting units daily.
- Identifying and repairing equipment failures, diagnosing problems and ordering parts.
- Routine oil changes.
- 5 years experience as equipment technician of some kind.
- Microsoft Word and Excel for record keeping.
- Experience with mig welder and oxy-acetylene gas torch.
- Prior golf course experience a plus but not required.
- Certifications and special training is a plus.
- Must have own tools.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Health, Dental, and 401k available
Position Available: March 15
Send all resumes to: email@example.com
Gary Sailer, CGCS
Nicklaus Golf Club at Lionsgate
14220 Nall Avenue
Overland Park, KS 66223
Assistant in Training (AIT) - Spring Creek Golf Club
Spring Creek is a nine hole semi-private club in the heart of the Ozarks National Scenic Riverways. For now the position is offered on seasonal basis March- November at $12/hour. The candidate will be exposed to all aspects of the golf course maintenance operations and must have at least one year of on course experience as well as a positive attitude and strong desire to learn by experience.
Dan Laws G.C.S.
Spring Creek Golf Club
99 County Road 3220
Salem, MO 65560
Assistant Superintendent - Deer Trace Golf Course
The Assistant Superintendent assists in all facets of golf course maintenance under the supervision of the Golf Course Superintendent. The right individual for this position will be motivated, hard working, punctual and have a sincere desire to move forward in the industry. Duties include but are not limited to: course set up, fertilizer and chemical application, record keeping, staff management and training, irrigation operation and maintenance, hand watering and syringing, and equipment care.
Two of Four year degree in Turfgrass Management or equivalent field preferred, but not required
- Supervisory experience preferred, but not required
- Possess or have the ability to obtain Kansas pesticide license
- Valid Driver's License
- Experience in all facets of golf course maintenance, including chemical and fertilizer application, irrigation repair, course set up, equipment repair, and knowledge of the game of golf
- Able to work alone or in a team environment
- Highly motivated with the desire to succeed
- Ability and willingness to work long hours, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to safely operate all golf course equipment
Salary: $25,000 to $30,000 (based on experience)
Benefits: Health and Dental insurance (70% paid by employer), paid vacation and sick days, HAGCSA/GCSAA dues paid, golfing privileges
Date Available: Immediately
Golf Course Superintendent
Lawn Care, Turf, Ornamental, & Lawn Renovation Zone Manager
Custom Lawn and Landscape in Olathe, KS is growing rapidly and is looking for great candidates to fill openings created by our growth. We are looking for a lawn care zone manager. This full-time position requires knowledge of turf management, horticulture, forestry or another related field acquired via education or experience. As a turf and plant health care manager you will service and manage customer properties in your own territory, recommend and provide integrated lawn and plant health care services such as fertilization, pest control, core aerification, and lawn renovation. Initial compensation begins at $40,000+ with plenty of annual growth, significant profit sharing and a generous benefit package.
- Know and communicate the most current technical land and plant healthcare information to customers efficiently, neatly and effectively both orally and in written documents.
- Acquire the skills to accurately, safely and efficiently perform applications in a manner that meets or exceeds company standards.
- Aggressively pursue new technical knowledge and skills.
- Provide new levels of training to colleagues.
- Use company technology, forms and documents neatly and accurately.
- Consistently strive to provide value to our company by maintaining high productivity.
- Maintain work areas (truck, office, and shop) in an organized and neat manner.
- Keep yourself and others around you safe at all times.
- Maintain physical and personal appearance that contributes to the goals of sales and production.
- Maintain friendly, helpful and positive relationships with external and internal customers.
- Provide high quality service to internal customers.
- Provide positive feedback to supervisors and those that you may supervise.
- Advance the company's goals of good profit, heathy growth and great reputation.
- Seek to attain knowledge and skills beyond your current level.
- Actively maintain and produce a safe workplace.
- Be accountable.
- Help create a world-class environment in which you and your colleagues thrive.
- Promote intra and inter departmental cohesiveness through example, training and new processes.
- Improve systems to advance the company's goals.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 913-782-8315 for further inquiries
Second Assistant Superintendent at Ironhorse Golf Club/Troon Golf (Posted 12/12/2017)
Ironhorse Golf Club is an 18-Hole public facility owned by the City of Leawood, managed by Troon Golf.
- Performs routine safety inspections on all spraying and fertilizer equipment.
- Maintains chemical storage and mixing areas in compliance with governmental regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring the safety and direction of chemical/fertilizer handlers and/or helpers.
- Maintains log of applications and files related reports.
- Responsible for hand spraying and maintaining proper mixing amounts and application techniques.
- Keeps up-to-date in knowledge of chemicals/fertilizers that are being applied.
- Ensures proper calibration of all spraying/fertilizing equipment.
- Supervises and assists maintenance staff in daily duties.
- Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
Bachelors degree, Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from four or two-year college or technical school; three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience (Degree preference in agronomy/ horticulture/ plant/soil science).
Special Requirements: Must be able to obtain a Kansas Pesticide Applicator’s license within 90 day
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, and 401k.
Date Available: January 1st 2018
15300 Mission Road
Leawood, KS 66224