Assistant in Training/Spray Technician at Jimmie Austin Golf Club (Posted 6/22/2017)
The assistant-in-training/spray technician works under the golf course superintendent and assistant golf course superintendent in a supervisory capacity. Responsibilities includes creating and delegating work assignments, overseeing job performance and inspecting course conditions. Other job responsibilities include performing chemical applications on golf course properties; fertilizes tees, greens and fairways; and applies chemicals on the greens. The assistant-in-training/spray technician is responsible for reading, understanding and keeping current with chemical labels and Safety Data Sheets (SDS). This position is also responsible for compiling preliminary reports of pesticide usage for the golf course superintendent.
GCSAA Member: Preferred
Individual must have a Turf Certificate or Associates Degree from a recognized Turf Management Program
Individual must have a minimum of 1 year of work experience in the Turfgrass Management Industry
Golf Course Maintenance, Grounds Maintenance other than Golf Course, Clubhouse Lawns, Flower Gardens, Trees & Shrubbery, Plant Nursery, Driving Range, Fertilizer/Pesticide Applications
Golfing Privileges, Uniforms/clothing allowance, Housing
Golf Course Superintendent
Date Positions are Available:
Eddie Roach, Jr.
4 Ransom Road
Norman, Oklahoma 73019
Assistant Superintendent at Reflection Ridge Golf Club (Posted 6/7/2017)
The assistant golf course superintendent reports directly to the superintendent. Under the superintendent’s supervision, the assistant directs and participates in the maintenance of the golf course greens, fairways, tees, etc. The assistant superintendent may serve in the superintendent’s capacity during his/her absence.
- Assists in planning and supervising the maintenance of golf course grounds
- Assists in scheduling daily work and supervises employees and the use of the equipment
- Instructs equipment operators on the operation and care of mowing and other equipment
- Supervises pesticide applications and/or operates and calibrates pesticide equipment
- Supervises and participates with daily watering regiment
- Assists in personnel management, evaluation and employee safety
- May modify the daily work schedule based on professional interpretation
- Working knowledge of the maintenance of golf course greens, fairways, tees, and rough
- Knowledge of the seeding and maintenance practices for golf course turf
- Knowledge of planting, cultivating, pruning, and caring for plants, shrubs and trees
- Knowledge of the characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers, pesticides, soil conditioners and pest control methods and materials
- Knowledge of drainage control methods
- Knowledge of the irrigation system (including wells and pumps), control boxes and irrigation software
- Ability to schedule and supervise maintenance work to achieve the most efficient utilization of staff and equipment
- Knowledge of agronomy and plant diseases
- Prepare and maintain clear concise reports (chemical inventory)
- Maintain computer log of fuel reports
- Maintain effective employee and public relations
- Understanding of the rules of golf
- Current driver’s license
- Ability to lift and turn objects of 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in all types of weather
- Ability to work early mornings and whenever else is needed
- Paid time off (7 holidays/10 days vacation.) Can float holidays.
- Sick leave (6 days per year.)
- Health Care Options for individual and family. BC/BS and Delta Dental (max for employee 15% - family members is 50% of monthly premium)
- ½ price meals – drinks free
- Employee discount at ProShop.
- Golf (green fees/cart/range no charge – non peak times only. ½ price guest fees)
- Pre Tax Medical available (Precision Admin)
- Work shirts provided.
- Annual salary increased based on performance and subject to company funding.
- Bonus based on company funding.
Head Mechanic at Liberty Hills Golf Club (Posted 5/17/2017)
Liberty Hills Golf Club was established in 1967 and is a championship 18 hole golf course located in Liberty, MO.
Education/training in small engine mechanics is encouraged but experience is acceptable.
Golf Course Mechanical experience is preferred. Other small engine or general mechanical knowledge and experience is acceptable.
Compensation will be highly competitive and will be based on experience and education.
Paid time off, paid memberships, part time hours (if preferred) and other benefits are available.
Date Available: Immediately
Expiration of job posting: July 15th 2017
Assistant Superintendent at The Country Club of Loch Llyod (Posted 5/1/2017)
The Country Club at Loch Lloyd is a Tom Watson Signature Design that re-opened in June of 2012. Located in Belton, MO, Loch Lloyd is currently undergoing a fairway renovation and recently completed a bunker renovation utilizing the Better Billy Bunker Method.
Loch Lloyd is seeking applicants with a strong work ethic, highly motivated and a positive attitude. The Assistant will be involved in the daily course management and will work closely with the Superintendent and the other Assistants.
A graduate of a 2 or 4 year degree program in Turfgrass Management or a related field
- Responsible for all phases of golf course maintenance as directed by Superintendent
- Leads staff to ensure quality and safety
- Prepares weekly/daily schedules
- Implements sound watering practices for playability and plant health
- Calibrates and operates sprayers and fertilizer spreaders as needed
- Manages proper application and documentation of all chemical and fertilizer applications
- Assists the superintendent in development, presentation, and documentation of safety meetings
$38,000-$45,000 annually, will commensurate with experience
Health Benefits, 401K, PTO, Golfing Privileges, Uniforms
Date Available: 5/1/2017
Assistant Superintendent at Moila Shrine Country Club (Posted 4/18/2017)
Would prefer education/training in turf management field, but experience is also acceptable
Golf Course Maintenance Experience and Supervisory Experience preferred
Salary: Will be based upon level of education and experience
Benefits: Fully paid health insurance for employee, paid vacation and sick leave
Date Available: Immediately
Expiration Date of Job Advertisement: May 31, 2017