EMPLOYEE AWARD PROGRAM
Click HERE for the application.
Click HERE for the newsletter announcement.
The Heart of America GCSA is now accepting applications for the Employee Awards Program to help offset some of the
cost of school for those who are full-time employees taking turfgrass classes. These criteria must be met:
- Be a current full-time employee of a Heart of America GCSA member now and when eligible class(es) were taken.
- Have worked 1,800 hours within the current calendar year for a current Heart of America GCSA club/organization.
- Be a part-time student carrying 11 credit hours or less.
- Attend an accredited college or institution in Kansas or Missouri.
- Carry a grade of C or better in the eligible class(es).
To be Eligible:
- All classes submitted (including online course and/or out-of-district course) must be part of the written curriculum of a degree of certificate program in the turf industry (successful certification or 4 year degree)
- All classes must be taken in calendar year of 2016 (i.e. spring, summer or fall semester of 2016).
- Transcripts and proof of payment must accompany application.
- All applications must be complete fully and have the necessary signatures – no exceptions.
Need to Know:
- Out-of-District residences and online classes will receive in-state rate tuition reimbursement.
(Instate rate x number of hours or $1,500. The lesser of the two.)
- This is an Award, NOT a total reimbursement or scholarship. ***
- Awards are for tuition costs only and at the discretion of the S&R Committee and Board of Directors.
- To enable HAGCSA in helping as many employees as possible, please do not apply for an award if your club reimburses educational expenses.
- Deadline for application is January 31, 2018.
Submit Application to:
Heart of America
Scholarship & Research Committee
P.O. Box 419264
Kansas City, MO 64141-6264
Attention Superintendents: If you have an employee working for you and taking classes during off-hours, this is an excellent opportunity for you to help them offset the cost of