Golf Course Superintendent - Garnett Country Club
We are a nice 9 hole course in a small town of Garnett, Kansas, which is located about an hour south of Kansas City or Lawrence.
Maintain Garnett Country Club in optimal playing condition at all times: and the aesthetic beauty of the golf course, its adjacent grounds, boundaries, roads and parking areas, as well as fixed assets, structures, equipment and facilities.
Specific duties and responsibilities
· Open and close course daily
· Determine course conditions daily
· Mow all fairways, tee boxes, greens, and rough areas
· Change cup locations
· Provide necessary irrigation to all areas of the course
· Provide aeration treatment once a year to greens
· Plan for and execute application of seed, fertilizers, and chemicals
· Trim trees, bushes, and shrubs as needed
· Maintain up-to-date schedule of events/tournaments
· Prepare the course for tournaments
· Oversee the operation and maintenance of the driving range
· Oversee the operation and maintenance of the rental carts
· Hire and oversee labor of seasonal staff
· Follow budget set forth by Board of Directors
Skills and qualifications
Qualified candidate should be a highly responsible and dependable person who is able to communicate effectively with, and follow instruction of the Board of Directors, while conducting day-to-day operations of the course in a manner that requires minimal supervision. Preferred candidate would have experience in golf course management or in the alternative, a comprehensive understanding of the rules and etiquette of golf, along with landscaping knowledge or background. Qualified candidate should also possess the following attributes:
- Represent the Garnett Country Club in a professional manner
- Possess an excellent work ethic
- Be an organized and prepared individual
- Always be punctual
- Possess or have ability to possess Kansas Applicators License 3b within 90 days of hire date and maintain license for duration of employment
SUBMIT RESUMES VIA EMAIL: email@example.com or submit through Indeed.
Val Katzer Foltz
President, Garnett Country Club Board
Garnett Country Club
1201 North Lake Rd.
Garnett, KS 66032
Golf Course Superintendent - Carrollton Country Club
Carrollton Country Club has a beautiful 9 hole golf course that is in excellent shape from tee to green. Our former course superintendent will be filling in to ensure a smooth transition.
• 2 -4 year degree in turf management preferred but not required
• Experience in all areas of course maintenance
• Supervisory experience preferred
• Experience in chemical/fertilizer application experience
• Experience in irrigation and repair – Toro LTC
• Machinery maintenance – Foley grinder
• Hands on approach – approximately 55 acres
• Zoysia Tees and Fairways
• Cohaney Bent greens
• Highly motivated with desire to succeed
• Willing to work hours necessary to provide expected conditions on course which will include some weekends
• Ability to operate all golf course equipment safely
• Ability to work in a team environment and alone
Salary: Commensurate with Experience and will grow with your abilities Benefits: Matching 401K
Date Available: Immediately, former superintendent will be filling in for transition
Dennis Mills, President 23483 CR 260
Carrollton, MO 64633
Equipment Technician - The Jayhawk Club
The Jayhawk Club in Lawrence, KS is a 27-hole private facility currently in the process of redesigning/renovating the 18-hole championship course. We are looking to hire an Equipment Technician to maintain our turf care equipment. The position is full time, year-round, and is available immediately.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
Effectively developing, executing, and tracking a comprehensive preventative maintenance program for all golf course maintenance equipment
Performing sharpening, set up, monitoring, and adjustment of both rotary and reel cutting units
Prioritizing equipment repair relative to course needs
Taking a proactive approach when maintaining equipment
Managing time in an efficient manner
Ordering, inventorying, and installing parts as needed
Maintaining a clean and safe work environment
Able to effectively communicate with others and work well in a team environment
Experience with the maintenance and repair of gasoline, diesel, and two-stroke engines
An understanding of hydraulic systems and the ability to diagnose and repair malfunctions
1-2 years mechanic experience
A certificate or degree in a related field from a college or technical school is a plus
Pay - $19-$22/hour
Health, dental, vision, and 401k plans available
Send cover letter and resume to:
Greg Burdiek – Director of Agronomy
Golf Course Superintendent - The Jayhawk Club
The Jayhawk Club in Lawrence, KS is a 27-hole private facility currently in the process of redesigning/renovating the 18-hole championship course. We are also in the process of building a Golf Course Maintenance team and are looking to hire a Golf Course Superintendent. The position is full time, year-round, and is available immediately.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
Working with the Director of Agronomy and Assistant Superintendents to plan, organize, and execute operations caring for all areas of the golf course, clubhouse grounds, driving range, and apartment grounds.
Effectively leading a team of up to 40 employees.
Hiring, scheduling, and training employees.
Ensuring the proper application of cultural and chemical applications.
Diagnosing and repairing irrigation and drainage issues.
Possess a positive attitude and the understanding of the importance of culture when building a team.
Able to effectively communicate with others and work well in a team environment.
Experience managing bentgrass putting greens in the transition zone.
A high attention to detail and a desire to provide high quality playing conditions on a daily basis.
Minimum 3 years of experience as an Assistant Superintendent or Superintendent in the transition zone.
A degree or certificate in Turfgrass management or related field.
Pay – Salaried $50k-$60k/year
Health, dental, vision, and 401k plans available
GCSAA dues paid
Interested individuals should send a cover letter and resume to:
Greg Burdiek – Director of Agronomy
Assistant Golf Course Superintendent - Nicklaus Golf Club at Lionsgate
Nicklaus Golf Club is an 18 hole championship golf course owned and managed by ClubCorp, and home to the PGA Web.com KC Classic. We have an immediate opening for an assistant golf course superintendent.
The assistant superintendent answers to the Superintendent and 1st assistant. Duties include spray applications, fertilizer applications, irrigation repair, staff supervision and training, and typical mowing and detail tasks.
10 days paid vacation
Salary : DOE
Date available: Immediately
Contact: Gary Sailer, CGCS
Nicklaus Golf Club at Lionsgate
14220 Nall avenue
Overland Park, KS 66223
Landscape Manager - Viridity
The Landscape Manager is responsible for the overall success of the Viridity landscape division. They manage the division from start to finish, planning and ensuring proper coordination of various jobs. The Landscape Manager is the direct contact for the client and is responsible for planning, budgeting, estimating, and delivering all projects and maintenance programs. This may include many simultaneous tasks at different locations. The Landscape Manager is additionally responsible for working in conjunction with subcontractors to maintain the quality of work when needed.
● Oversee maintenance programs and landscape projects to ensure they meet plans and specifications, addressing any unforeseen issues in budgeting, design, engineering and maintenance/construction.
● Responsible for seeking out and landing maintenance contracts/ landscape projects. Developing long-term relationships with home and business clientele, architects, general managers and owners.
● Meet with clientele to define maintenance/project scopes, complete bid forms and proposals, and deliver projects on schedule.
● Coordinate staff in a manner that allows for high quality and fast track techniques, detailing daily activities in order to ensure forward progress efficiently.
● Manage direct reports on each jobsite to ensure tasks are progressing as planned and communicating any delays or changes.
● Create reports and progress tracking for Executive Leadership and Ownership.
● Ensure that all elements of landscape division interlock into Executive Leadership and Ownership vision.
● Ensure that all maintenance practices are exceeding all required federal, state, county and city rules and regulations.
● Responsible for quality control management for all aspects of projects.
● Represent Viridity and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
● Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
● Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based
on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
● Highly motivated and energetic.
● Detail oriented.
● Strong problem solving and troubleshooting ability.
● Excellent public speaking and leadership skills.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
● Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture or other related field preferred.
● Minimum of three (3) years of experience in landscape or golf course maintenance.
● Expert in time management, coordinating multiple projects and job sites at once.
● Well rounded in budget development and management.
● Proficient in Spanish speaking ability.
● Experience with operation and minor repair of equipment.
● Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions:
● Required to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time.
● Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
● Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
● Reach with hands and arms.
● Required to talk and hear consistently.
● Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to one-hundred (100) pounds if necessary.
● Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye,
including close vision, distance vision, the ability to identify and distinguish colors, peripheral vision, depth perception
and the ability to adjust focus.
● Occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles, as well as toxic and caustic chemicals.
● Will be utilizing and working near moving mechanical parts.
● Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
Assistant Superintendent - Great Life Golf and Fitness of Salina
Great Life Golf and Fitness of Salina is looking for an Assistant Golf Course Superintendent.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 785-820-1910
Great Life Golf and Fitness Salina
1800 S. Marymount Rd.
Salina, Kansas 67401
Assistant Superintendent - Reflection Ridge Golf Club
The assistant golf course superintendent reports directly to the superintendent. Under the superintendent’s supervision, the assistant directs and participates in the maintenance of the golf course greens, fairways, tees, etc. The assistant superintendent may serve in the superintendent’s capacity during his/her absence.
Degree in Golf Course Management Preferred.
(exception would be based on qualifications, years of experience, and certifications held).
1. Paid Vacation
2. Sick leave
3. Health Care Options for individual and family. BC/BS and Delta Dental (max for employee 15% - family members is 50% of monthly premium)
4. ½ price meals – drinks free
5. Employee discount at ProShop.
6. Golf (green fees/cart/range no charge – non peak times only. ½ price guest fees)
7. Pre Tax Medical available (Precision Admin)
8. Work shirts provided.
9. Annual salary increased based on performance and subject to company funding.
10. Bonus based on company funding.
Assists in planning and supervising the maintenance of golf course grounds
Assists in scheduling daily work and supervises employees and the use of the equipment
Instructs equipment operators on the operation and care of mowing and other equipment
Supervises pesticide applications and/or operates and calibrates pesticide equipment
Supervises and participates with daily watering regiment
Assists in personnel management, evaluation and employee safety
May modify the daily work schedule based on professional interpretation
Working knowledge of the maintenance of golf course greens, fairways, tees, and rough
Knowledge of the seeding and maintenance practices for golf course turf
Knowledge of planting, cultivating, pruning, and caring for plants, shrubs and trees
Knowledge of the characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers, pesticides, soil conditioners and pest control methods and materials
Knowledge of drainage control methods
Knowledge of the irrigation system (including wells and pumps), control boxes and irrigation software
Ability to schedule and supervise maintenance work to achieve the most efficient utilization of staff and equipment
Knowledge of agronomy and plant diseases
Prepare and maintain clear concise reports (chemical inventory)
Maintain computer log of fuel reports
Maintain effective employee and public relations
Understanding of the rules of golf
Degree, or pursuing one in Golf Course Management
1-2 years’ golf course experience preferred
Current driver’s license
Ability to lift and turn objects of 50 lbs.
Ability to work in all types of weather
Ability to work early mornings, and whenever else is needed
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
Please contact me if interested.
Reflection Ridge Golf Club
Assistant Golf Course Superintendent - Falcon Lakes Golf Club (posted 7-24-2018)
Falcon Lakes, an 18-hole championship golf course, and one of Kansas City’s top public courses, has an immediate opening for the right person to join its management team as Assistant Golf Course Superintendent.
The Assistant will make decisions and support the Superintendent, in all aspects of the golf course maintenance, including: staff management, chemical applications, turf and landscape renovations, irrigation repair/ system management, and improvement in overall course detail.
35,000 – 42,000
5 Paid Holidays
14 days paid PTO
Health insurance reimbursement
Professional Development Costs
Date Available: Immediate
Contact: Mitch Bradbury
Golf Course Superintendent
Full Time Mechanic - Deer Creek and Prairie Highlands (posted 7/11/2018)
GreatLife KC is seeking a Full time Mechanic for Deer Creek and Prairie Highlands golf courses. Time will be split at each course to equal 40 hours a week.
Setup and grinding of cutting reels
Running a complete preventative maintenance program|
Servicing and repairs of gas and diesel equipment
Ordering needed parts
Keeping accurate maintenance logs
Keeping a clean and safe working area
Valid driver’s license
Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in mechanical repairs
Ability to work well with others
Knowledge of hydraulic systems preferred
Medical, Dental and Life Insurance
Local chapter dues paid
Please contact either:
Superintendent at Prairie Highlands
Superintendent at Deer Creek Golf Club