Golf Course Superintendent - Indian Creek Golf Club, Carrollton, TX
The Creek and the Lakes courses which provide 36-holes of championship golf at Indian Creek Golf Club is seeking a new Superintendent. Owned by the City of Carrollton, TX and managed by Orion Management Solutions, our patrons enjoy 2 diverse, 7000+ yard bermudagrass courses situated along the Trinity river. The Lakes course is currently in the planning stages of a $4M renovation slated for late 2018/19. Greens are comprised of Tiff Eagle on the Creek course and Champion on the Lakes course, with 419 bermudagrass on tees, rough and surrounds. All bunkers contain Better Billy liners.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Matt Roberts, Partner/GM email@example.com & Tony Bertels, DOA firstname.lastname@example.org
Reports to: GM – Indian Creek GC
Requirements: AS or 4-year turf degree. 5-10 years’ experience in Golf Turf Management, with at least 3 years as head superintendent. Must possess or have the ability (within 90 days) of a TDA Pesticide License. Extensive experience with warm-season grasses. In depth experience in renovation and construction projects preferred. Must be a team player with the ability to effectively communicate and work well with a crew, department heads and management team. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Salary: Commiserate on experience
Benefits: Paid health, dental, vision and life insurance, vacation, golf privileges, discounted meals, clothing allowance, local and national GCSA dues.
Position Available: Immediately
Oversees the care and maintenance of all turf, ornamental beds, shrubs, trees and wetlands associated with the facility.
Directs and assists staff with all cultural practices including mowing, fertilization, chemical applications, cultivating, seeding and sodding.
Provides detailed annual agronomic plans for all areas of the golf courses, CH areas and common grounds.
Manages and maintains all irrigation systems to deliver water efficiently and effectively.
Recruits, supervises and retains all maintenance staff members. Conducts employee evaluations and reviews as well as exercises disciplinary actions.
Provides technical, operational and safety training for employees to ensure staff is working within all OSHA, City, State and Federal guidelines for safe working conditions.
Oversees staff in proper and safe operation and maintenance of mechanical and power equipment. Plans budgets for additional or replacement capital equipment.
Supervises and controls all maintenance expenses associated with the operation including payroll, supplies, chemicals and fertilizers.
Supervises and participates in the applications and recording of all chemicals and fertilizers in compliance with all City, State and Federal guidelines.
Develops annual operating budget and plans for maintenance and capital improvement projects.
Maintains records and completes required reporting. Orders parts, supplies and equipment as needed.
Schedules all maintenance practices around play and outings to maximize efficiency and minimize disruption to play
Assistant Golf Course Superintendent - Five Style Lifestyles
The FiveStar Lifestyles Assistant Golf Course Superintendent is responsible for the supervision of all aspects of the golf course. The Assistant Golf Course Superintendent must oversee the maintenance requirements to provide safe and aesthetically pleasing grounds while remaining fiscally responsible.
Manage maintenance operations involved in providing maintenance of greens, fairways, tees, sand traps, bodies of water, roughs, maintenance shops, golf carts and the clubhouse.
Prioritize and initiate primary and secondary culture practices, and maintain the properties in a manner that is consistent with the objectives of Executive Leadership and Ownership.
Help superintendent to Manage monthly budgets and forecast for future months.
Help the club determine large capital needs, and present these needs to the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer to get approval from Ownership.
Responsible for the selection, training, assignment and assessment of the Maintenance Team, providing corrective action as needed.
Continue to lead and motivate the Maintenance Team by developing goals and new strategies.
Institute and uphold training guidelines that are in the best interest of the club and associate safety.
Assist the Leadership Team in the creation of training and safety manuals.
Hold safety meetings to ensure the highest level of safety for all maintenance associates.
Supervise the safe use and maintenance of all golf course mechanical equipment, planning and budgeting for additional or replacement capital equipment as necessary.
Supervise the application and recording of chemical applications on the grounds in compliance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations.
Collaborate with the Director of Golf and Golf Professionals to maximize the number of golf rounds played, as well as schedule maintenance practices around member play and outings to maximize efficiency.
Render professional advice, opinions, newsletters and directives via email and verbally to constituents and associates.
Represent FiveStar Lifestyles in a professional manner at all times.
Perform other related tasks as assigned.
Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
Strong attention to detail and exceptional time management.
Ability to work under pressure and perform multifaceted projects in conjunction with daily activities.
Strong leadership and motivational skills, as well as the ability to organize, coordinate and direct team activities.
Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with Executive Leadership, Team Leads, associates and members/guests.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy, Turf Management, Horticulture or other related field preferred.
Minimum of three (3) years of progressive experience in a Assistant role.
Spanish speaking ability preferred.
Strong knowledge of all local, state and federal regulations when dealing with chemicals, fertilizers and water usage.
Ability to acquire and obtain a Pesticide Applicators License for the states of Missouri and Kansas.
Thorough and working knowledge of the rules and strategies of the game of golf.
Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
Required to stand and walk for long periods of time.
Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
Reach with hands and arms.
Required to talk and hear consistently.
Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to one-hundred (100) pounds if necessary.
Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
Occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles, as well as toxic and caustic chemicals.
Will be working near moving mechanical parts.
Role will be performed both indoors and outdoors in various weather conditions, including frequent exposure to the sun and heat.
Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
Product Technical Specialist - PBI Gordon Corporation
Educational Requirements: Associates degree or B.S. degree in a biological science or equivalent
Experience Requirements: 3 – 5 years’ experience in the turf and ornamental field
Special Requirements: Sprayer calibration and operation for hand pump up sprayers, small tow behind sprayers and larger ride on sprayers. Proper timing for herbicide, insecticide and fungicide applications to achieve best control and minimize any non-target damage.
Other skills: Proficiency of computer programs such as: Excel, Word, Power Point; Must have knowledge and understanding of pesticide labels; capable of doing in-depth computer searches of pest and pesticides; Must have good verbal and written communication skills
Salary: $55k plus potential bonus
Benefits: Eligible the first of the month following 30 days. Health, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flex Spending, 401K and we are Employee Owned.
1217 W 12th St, Kansas City, MO 64101
Date Available: ASAP
Sports Field Maintenance Worker - City of Olathe Parks and Rec
An Equal Opportunity Employer
This position is responsible for the overall maintenance and game preparation for a portion of the city's athletic facilities.
- Maintain and repair automatic irrigation systems.
- Perform daily maintenance and minor repairs on motorized equipment.
- Renovate and construct athletic facilities.
- Oversee and/or perform mowing operations.
- Prepare athletic fields for sporting events.
- Oversee and train a crew of seasonal employees.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
Experience: Five years of increasingly responsible maintenance worker experience, (2 years closely related experience preferred).
Education: High school diploma required. Associates level education preferred.
Applicant must be a self-starter able to work with limited supervision and have the ability to frequently lift 50 pounds or more.
Requires a (CDL) Commercial Driver's License within 6 months of hire date.
Must successfully pass a background investigation, pre-employment physical, and drug screen.
Normal Work Hours: Monday-Friday 7:00 am – 3:30 pm plus frequent weekend duties
STARTING SALARY: $17.20 - $18.00 hourly
Customer Sales and Service Rep with SiteOne Landscape Supply - Lenexa, KS location
SiteOne is looking for a new customer sales and service representative at the Lenexa, KS location. Our focus is to build a great team while providing exceptional service to our customers in a safety focused environment. If you have any specific questions please reach out to Mike Fitzgerald at 816-256-6592 or 913-441-8226
Lawn Sprinkler Maintenance Technician Kansas City - Heritage Lawns and Irrigation
Are you looking for a career where :
you are working with friends
supported by a team
Get the training you need to be successful
Then keep reading we have an opening for you:
To work for Heritage Lawns & Irrigation is to represent the best earth friendly lawn and irrigation company in Kansas City. A few of the key ingredients to being the best is our great leadership team that cares about growing the best, an intense interview process (we don’t take just anyone), great team members that strive for excellence, and a mission to help people.
We Want Our Next Team Member To Be
- An enthusiastic, goal oriented, happy person
Passionate about the outdoors and helping people
Adult enough to manage their time and resources well
Sprinkler Maintenance Technicians consult with clients on a full range of horticultural issues, while providing sprinkler repair, maintenance, and optimization services. Through phone conversations as well as face to face consultation we teach homeowners about our unique Eco-Pride system and how to better care for their property.
What You Must Have:
2 years experience in landscape irrigation or outdoor related field
Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
Valid driver's license with a good driving record
Pass a drug screen
Ability to move 50# bags, push and pull work below your feet, dig holes and walk long distances in all weather conditions.
Compensation: $35,000 to $60,000 Annually
Benefits Offered: Dental, Medical, IRA, Vacation
Employment Type: Full Time Year Round Position
Date Available: ASAP
Christopher Haning to schedule an interview
(913)451-4664 or C.Haning@HeritageLawnsKC.com
Golf Course Superintendent - Dodge City Country Club
The Mission of The Dodge City Country Club is to provide personalized, exclusive, value-added service to our Member and their guests. Our goal is to exceed Member expectation, providing superior service, quality facility and lasting memories.
Dodge City Country Club is a historic 102 year old premier golf facility located on the East side of Dodge City, Kansas. The Club sits on approximately 100 acres which consists of an 18-hole golf course, driving range and short game facility, four tennis courts, swimming pool and a clubhouse. The Club has a positive working environment with polite and respectful management and staff. Our goal is to always make our Members “raving fans” and to be the best club in Southwest Kansas.
Responsible for operation of the golf course operation and maintenance. The responsibilities include: turf grass/plant material maintenance programs, property/asset management, personnel management, budget/forecasting, financial management, member relations, scheduling/maintenance or irrigation systems, pesticide applications, related recordings, and compliance of regulatory issues. The Golf Course Superintendent works to create an environment where staff is involved and enthusiastic, with open communications and respect for themselves, members, guests and the property.
- Responsible for all phases of Golf Maintenance and Agronomic operations, cost control, and personnel.
- Works closely with, advises, and coordinates with the Head Golf Professional on any issues related to golf course maintenance.
- Directs and participates in the construction and maintenance of the grounds.
- Designs landscape plans for facility grounds and implements the plan.
- Administers and enforces all Club rules, regulations and policies for staff.
- Works closely with the GM to operate the Golf Course in a fiscally responsible and professional manner.
- Must be able to work independently and be a self-starting problem solver.
- Oversees the care and maintenance of the turf, ornamental plants, shrubs, trees and wetlands on the facility grounds.
- Directs and assists the staff on the planting of new vegetation, the replacement, spraying, pruning and trimming of trees and shrubs, the preparation of soil plant beds for aesthetically pleasing arrangements and tending to high stress areas.
- Provides detailed annual plan for the various property levels and the designated landscaping areas. Includes rotational design to provide facility with fresh, eye-catching, interesting and pleasant atmosphere.
- Manages an aggressive water usage tracking plan and irrigation systems and provides monthly reporting on retaining ponds, wells and other water source usage.
- Recruits, supervises and retains maintenance staff. Conducts employee performance evaluations and exercises disciplinary action.
- Provides technical, operational and safety training for employees to ensure that staff is working within OSHA, club safety, state and federal guidelines for safe working conditions.
- Oversees subordinates in proper and safe operation and maintenance of mechanical and power equipment. Plans and budgets for additional or replacement capital equipment.
- Supervises and participates in the application and recording of chemical applications (fertilizers and pesticides) on the Club's grounds in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Supervises and controls all maintenance expenses associated with Golf Course Operations, including payroll, supplies, chemicals and fertilizers.
- Develops annual operating budget and plans for maintenance and capital improvement projects.
- Maintains records and completes required reporting. Order parts, supplies and equipment as needed.
- Schedules maintenance practices around member play and outings to maximize efficiency and minimize disruption to members.
- Coordinates snow removal and winter maintenance activities when necessary.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Knowledge of management and maintenance of greens, fairways and roughs.
- Knowledge of use and operating standards of equipment and tools used in golf course construction and maintenance work.
- Skill in recruiting, supervising, training, monitoring, evaluating and motivating personnel.
- Interpersonal skill to resolve conflict and work with supervisors, officials, employees, members and the general public.
- Knowledge of safe use, mixing and application of chemicals and commercial products.
- Knowledge of the game of golf, golf rules and methods of play.
- Ability to anticipate personnel, equipment, and material requirements related to golf course maintenance and repair assignments.
- Ability and knowledge to lay out irrigation patterns, drainage patterns, construct tees and/or greens.
- Ability to maintain the swimming pool.
- Ability to maintain the tennis courts.
- 1-3 years experience as a Golf Superintendent or 1st Assistant
- 2-year Degree or Certificate in Turf Management (or related field, like agronomy, horticulture, plant science, soil science).
- Advance computer skills required for financial reporting and control of operations.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Pesticide Application License
- Prefer Certification by the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America
Renee L. Ricki
DODGE CITY COUNTRY CLUB
1909 COUNTRY CLUB DRIVE
DODGE CITY, KANSAS 67801
Assistant Superintendent - Drumm Farm
- Four (4) years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience in golf course maintenance, irrigation system repair and/or landscape maintenance required.
- Two (2) year Turf Degree beneficial but not required
- Must have a pesticide license, or obtain one within 60 days of hire.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
Assists in supervising the maintenance staff, including safety and training, quality control and all communication efforts with staff and the Golf Course Management Team.
Operates irrigation system including repair and coordination of all irrigation practices with staff.
Applies chemicals, fertilizers, herbicides, and pesticides used in turfgrass management and maintains accurate record log of such applications.
Plans, oversees and manages small on-course projects.
Performs related work as required.
Salary Range: $32,000 — $35,000
Benefits: Paid time off, membership dues paid
Position Available: Immediately
Cody Sander, Superintendent
15400 E 34th St. S, Independence, MO 64055
Store Manager with SiteOne Landscape Supply - Lee's Summit, MO Location
Golf Course Superintendent - Deer Trace Golf Course
Degree in Turf management or related field. 2 - 4 years experience. Knowledge of Turf disease. Chemical Application. Equipment and irrigation maintenance and knowledge.
Manage operations involved in providing maintenance of greens, fairways, tees, sand traps, roughs, and maintenance shop. Responsible for the selection, training, assignment and assessment of maintenance staff. Hands on management style, excellent work ethic, good organizational skills, and public relations.
Salary Range: $35,000 - $40,000
Benefits: Health & Dental Insurance (70% paid by employer), Vacation, Sick, dues paid for GCSAA, golf
Position Available: immediately
Pamela McCoy, General Manager
9 Linn Valley Ave, Linn Valley, KS 66040
Please send resume to the above email address or fax number.
Landscape Supervisor - Falcon Lakes Golf Club
The maintenance department at Falcon Lakes Golf Club is responsible for maintenance of the Falcon Lakes Home Association and Day 3 development consisting of 8 Acres of common turf, landscape beds, irrigation systems, and 200+ planted trees. Falcon Lakes is looking for someone to manage these areas as well as help improve the landscaping around the clubhouse and golf course.
Experience in Landscape design, maintenance, chemical applications, irrigation and supervision are a plus but not all are required. Individual selected must have enthusiasm and desire to help grow, hone, and be compensated for this part of our business.
Salary: $16-$18 / Hour
Benefits: Insurance Reimbursement, Meals, Golfing privileges, Minimal weekend hours required. Overtime.
Email your resume and cover letter to mbradbury@FalconLakesGolf.com
Irrigation Technician/ Project Manager - The National Golf Club of Kansas City and The Deuce at The National
The National Golf Club and The Deuce at The National is currently looking for a highly motivated and energetic Irrigation Technician/ Project Manager. This position will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the irrigation systems, drainage systems and will be the team lead on various projects throughout the properties. Previous experience is a plus but we are willing to train the right individual.
A full job description will be provided during the interview process
- Perform preventative maintenance on the irrigation system
- Fix irrigation and drainage problems
- Perform irrigation audits throughout the growing season
- Installation of new irrigation and drainage systems
- Lead various small projects
Salary: $14-$18/ Hour plus overtime
Benefits: Full Benefit Package, 401K, Uniforms, and Golfing Privileges
Date Available: March 5th, 2018
Spencer Roberts, Director of Golf Course Maintenance
Landscape Foreman - The Country Club at Loch Lloyd
We are a private, gated community south of the KC metro area featuring 27 holes of golf, Practice Facility and Clubhouse. We are continually renovating and improving our golf course, landscaping and property. We are seeking a detail oriented individual that is willing to be hands on and strives for excellence at all times. This position will be responsible for maintaining three high profile homes throughout the Kansas City area, one including a private golf hole. It will also include all right-of-ways, common areas, and landscaping of the north side Home Owners’ Association.
2-4 year Turf Science, Horticulture or related field
2+ years of landscaping and/or golf course experience
Valid Driver’s License
Ability to obtain a pesticide license
Benefits: Health, 401K, uniforms, meal discounts, golf privileges, membership dues
Date Available: Immediately
200 W. Loch Lloyd Parkway
Village of Loch Lloyd, MO 64012
Golf Course Worker - Heritage Park Golf Course
Educational Requirements: High school diploma and one or two years’ experience in golf course maintenance or related field
Experience Requirements: Knowledge of methods, tools, material used in golf course ground maintenance and landscaping. Proven ability to maintain and service both large and small equipment and operate in a safe manner.
Special Requirements: This position requires lifting, carrying, bending and tasks of related physical exertion, often during weather extremes. Work every 3rd week end. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Salary: Beginning salary $1427.20--$1553.60 biweekly adjusted for experience
Benefits: insurance, vacation, sick leave, state retirement, uniform and working with a great crew
Date Available: ASAP
Expiration Date: 03/06/18
Stephen R Stout
Golf Course Superintendent
Heritage Park Golf Course
Johnson County Park & Recreation District
16492 S. Hallet st., Olathe, KS. 66062
For an application and more information go to jcprd.com
Assistant Superintendent - Grand Summit Golf & C.C.
Grand Summit Golf & C.C. is a semi-private Country Club located in Grandview Missouri. The course has been open since 2002. The tee boxes and fairways are Zoysia, the greens are Bentgrass.
Grand Summit is looking for a motivated self starter for an Assistant Superintendent position. Applicants also need an outgoing personality so they can interact well with staff, members and guest.
Education: 2 or 4 year degree preferred or equal experience with advancement over the years.
- Missouri Pesticide License or able to obtain one within 60 days.
- Irrigation knowledge and experience.
- Mechanical skills are a plus.
Benefits: Free golf, Paid vacation, Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Salary: $14.00/hr with overtime negotiable
Jon Stoneman, Head Superintendent
Perfect Play Fields and Links Seeking Full-Time Maintenance Manager
Perfect Play Fields and Links is a twenty-five year old athletic field and golf course construction company based in Belleville, Illinois. Perfect Play provides high quality work constructing and renovating athletic fields at all levels of play ranging from parks and recreation to professional sports teams.
We are seeking a well-rounded and talented individual to fill a full-time position enhancing our Maintenance Division. Candidates must be positive thinking, service minded, and motivated with a strong work ethic and uncompromising attention to detail. The individual must demonstrate exceptional people skills and work within the can-do culture of our company.
The primary focus of the position is operation and development of the maintenance division. Success in this position requires a thorough knowledge of the construction side of the company. The ideal candidate must be willing to work and learn the construction side of the industry in order to provide the highest quality maintenance. To perform the duties of this position, we utilize a wide variety of equipment including but not limited to: farm tractors with laser-controlled grading equipment, skid steers, dozers, track hoes, pan scrapers, mowers, sprayers, spreaders, aerifiers, etc. The individual must possess or be willing to quickly obtain the necessary licenses to perform the job (pesticide applicator, CDL, etc.). The individual must be cognizant of selling opportunities and eventually learn how to assess and write project proposals. The individual will have the opportunity to grow with the company and eventually learn the skills of running a division.
For the right candidate, this is an opportunity to utilize existing skills and knowledge while growing and learning the processes involved in a rewarding and highly specialized industry.
To apply, please send a resume and any other pertinent information to email@example.com or P.O. Box 24006 Belleville, Illinois 62226.
Irrigation Technician - Ryan Lawn and Tree
We are seeking Irrigation Technicians for our Overland Park and surrounding service areas. We Hire great people for our employee-owned company. RYAN is a leader in the green industry. This is a full-time year round, permanent position with a growing company.
Do you like working outdoors?
Do you have great irrigation service skills?
Do advancement opportunities in an employee owned company excite you?
Are you confident, detail oriented and quick?
Do you enjoy meeting people?
The Position: You will work in all areas of the irrigation in our Kansas City office: irrigation service and repair, system activations, system winterizations, sales and customer service. Expect long work-days and 6-day work-weeks during peak season.
Preferred Qualifications: 2+ years experience in the irrigation industry
Advancement Opportunities: We have branches in Kansas City MO, Overland Park KS, Shawnee KS, Springfield MO, St. Louis MO, Wichita KS, and Tulsa OK. We intend to enter other cities in the future.
Equipment Technician/Equipment Manager - Trails West Golf Course
Trails West Golf Course is seeking an Equipment Manager. Trails West is a U.S. Army golf course under the Family, Morale, Welfare and Recreation Directorate.
This position is responsible for all maintenance of equipment including golf carts. Preventative maintenance and good record keeping required. All equipment are maintained by manufacturers recommendations. Experience at a golf course is not required as both the Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent have equipment management experience.
Tools are provided. The maintenance facility is state of the art with a new reel grinder, two post lift and many other pieces of equipment provided to create a great working facility. The plan is in place.
Salary: $15.56-$18.16 per hour
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, and Prescription drugs, Federal Retirement, Matching 401k, 4 weeks annual leave, up to 13 days sick and or family medical leave
All federal regulations apply to this position. A security background check is required. The Army and FMWR require periodic training with updates
This position is an excellent and secure position for the right candidate. The Army values people of skill and integrity who exhibit teamwork. FMWR is committed to serving the military and their families.
Candidates who may not meet all of the requirements for the position may be considered as a trainee with less pay and benefits until adequately trained.
Contact: To apply to this position go to usajobs.com or https://www.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/489548800
This position will on be posted on the website for a few weeks
For more info call Mike Boaz 913-306-4814
Mechanic - Tiffany Greens Golf Club
Tiffany Greens Golf Club is an 18-hole semi-private facility located in the Northland of Kansas City, in close proximity to the KCI Airport. It is owned by John Q. Hammons Hotels LLC and was opened in 1999.
The Mechanic position will oversee all daily and seasonal maintenance of mowers and all turf equipment; along with diagnosis of problems, parts ordering, and keeping a clean and safe maintenance facility.
- Small and large engine repair
- Welding experience is a plus
- Prior golf experience is not required but and added bones
- All tools will be provided
Salary: Annual Salary Position
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, and Vacation
Available: March 1, 2018
Randy Cox, Superintendent
Horticulturist - Mission Hills Country Club
Mission Hills Country Club was built in 1914, elegantly nestled in Mission Hills, Kansas near the famed Country Club Plaza of Kansas City. This is a great opportunity for the right person to continue our great history of having one of the best landscaped properties in Kansas.
- General knowledge of plants: annuals, perennials, shrubs and trees
- Regional knowledge: native plants, general weather patterns
- Familiarity with plant pests, identification and treatment
- Basic knowledge of fertilizers and pesticides
- Commercial Pesticide Applicator Certification
- Basic office skills: use of spreadsheets, budgets, keeping records
- Ability to work with other team members to coordinate use of equipment, scheduling labor help, managing helpers
- Creative Problem solving
- Seasonal decorations
- Golf Course special even decorations
- Tree inventory maintenance
- Bird nest box maintenance
- Establishing/maintaining wildlife habitat
- Obtaining/maintaining Audubon International Cooperative Sanctuary Certification
Educational Requirements: Horticulture degree preferred
Salary: $42000 - $47,000 DOE
Benefits: 401k with club match after one year, health insurance, dental and vision available, free lunch, uniforms, dues for local chapters paid vacation, and PTO accrual
Date available: ASAP
Justin Hunt, GCS
Mission Hills Country Club
5400 Mission Hills Dr. Mission Hills, KS 66208
Assistant Superintendent - City of Overland Park, Sykes/Lady
The City of Overland Park has an Assistant Superintendent position available at the Sykes/Lady Overland Park Golf Course.
- Assist Golf Course Superintendent in the development of daily golf course work plans, inspections/evaluations of turf conditions, maintenance of golf course records, supplies and equipment.
- Trains and supervises employees in golf course maintenance and proper equipment use.
- Manages capital improvement projects.
- Performs duties required of golf course attendants.
- Assumes responsibilities of GCS in his/her absence.
- Operates equipment during emergency operations, including snow removal.
- Associates degree in turf, golf course management, a related field or a combination of formal education and work experience.
- Possession of a valid Class A or B commercial drivers license with air brake endorsement or ability to obtain within six months of employment.
- Must maintain an insurable driving record
- Possession of a Kansas Commercial Applicator Certification, with 3A and 3B endorsements.
- One to three years of increasingly responsible experience in golf course operations and maintenance work or equivalent level of experience.
- Must successfully pas a background check, drug screen, and physical.
- 7:30 am to 4:30 pm with OT and weekends as required.
Salary: $3,332 - $4,164 per Month.
Position open until filled
Apply online, attach a resume, cover letter. You can view your online application at www.opkansas.org if unable to apply online, please visit the Human Recourses office between 1pm and 4pm Monday - Friday
City of Overland Park
Human Resources Dept.
8500 Santa Fe Dr.
Overland Park, KS 66212
Golf Course Superintendent - Clay County Missouri Government
The County of Clay, Missouri has an opening for a Golf Course Superintendent. This is a supervisory position that works independently with general oversight and direction from the Assistant County Administrator-Facilities. This individual is entrusted with the maintenance, operations and management of Paradise Point Golf Complex and will carefully manage the maintenance of the golf course while conserving and protecting natural resources.
Starting Salary: $54,262 - $65,000
Benefits: Clay County offers a great benefit package to regular full and part-time employees, including two defined benefit retirement plans fully funded by the County and a deferred-compensation plan with a match on the first 6% contributed.
We also offer three medical plans including a high deductible plan (premium paid in full by the County for full time employees) dental, vision, two flex spending accounts, and supplemental plans
Full time employees are also offered life insurance (2X annual salary) paid by county, paid vacation/sick leave, 13 paid holidays, LTD, and tuition reimbursement.
Position is open until filled
Contact: Apply via the County Employment Application form found at https://www.claycountymo.gov/@api/deki/files/1520/=Employment_Application.pdf or at the Clay County Administrative Building at 1 Courthouse Square, Liberty, MO 64068
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of County Employment Application, but can be added.
Assistant Superintendent - Stone Canyon Golf Club
Stone Canyon is the only Greg Norman design in the Midwest. It is one of the most unique courses in the Kansas City metro area. This 18 hole course is built in a rapidly growing development area between Blue Springs and Independence Missouri; the potential for golf course development is limitless. New ownership acquired the course three years ago and has pushed the golf course in a positive and exciting direction.
The Assistant Superintendent is crucial to the success of the Superintendent, as well as, the golf course. He/She will be required to lead the maintenance staff and accomplish tasks to help the course succeed. Stone Canyon is looking for a candidate that is progressively looking to advance their career to the next level.
Education Requirements: 2 or 4 year degree in Turfgrass Management
Experience Requirements: 2-5 years of experience in an assistants position
Special Requirements: Obtain a Missouri Pesticide Applicator's license within 6 months
Salary: $35,000-$40,000 (DOE)
Benefits: Uniforms, meals, golf privileges, membership to HAGCSA, PTO, year end bonuses
Date Available: March 1, 2018
Expiration Date of Position: May 1, 2018
Jacob Rockhold, Superintendent
Equipment Technician - Nicklaus Golf Club
Nicklaus Golf Club is seeking a qualified individual for an equipment technician/shop manager position. We are in the process of building a new shop which will include new reel grinding equipment, as well as, many pieces of new turf equipment.
- Keeping a clean, safe shop.
- Setting and grinding cutting units daily.
- Identifying and repairing equipment failures, diagnosing problems and ordering parts.
- Routine oil changes.
- 5 years experience as equipment technician of some kind.
- Microsoft Word and Excel for record keeping.
- Experience with mig welder and oxy-acetylene gas torch.
- Prior golf course experience a plus but not required.
- Certifications and special training is a plus.
- Must have own tools.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Health, Dental, and 401k available
Position Available: March 15
Send all resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gary Sailer, CGCS
Nicklaus Golf Club at Lionsgate
14220 Nall Avenue
Overland Park, KS 66223
Assistant in Training (AIT) - Spring Creek Golf Club
Spring Creek is a nine hole semi-private club in the heart of the Ozarks National Scenic Riverways. For now the position is offered on seasonal basis March- November at $12/hour. The candidate will be exposed to all aspects of the golf course maintenance operations and must have at least one year of on course experience as well as a positive attitude and strong desire to learn by experience.
Dan Laws G.C.S.
Spring Creek Golf Club
99 County Road 3220
Salem, MO 65560
Assistant Superintendent - Deer Trace Golf Course
The Assistant Superintendent assists in all facets of golf course maintenance under the supervision of the Golf Course Superintendent. The right individual for this position will be motivated, hard working, punctual and have a sincere desire to move forward in the industry. Duties include but are not limited to: course set up, fertilizer and chemical application, record keeping, staff management and training, irrigation operation and maintenance, hand watering and syringing, and equipment care.
Two of Four year degree in Turfgrass Management or equivalent field preferred, but not required
- Supervisory experience preferred, but not required
- Possess or have the ability to obtain Kansas pesticide license
- Valid Driver's License
- Experience in all facets of golf course maintenance, including chemical and fertilizer application, irrigation repair, course set up, equipment repair, and knowledge of the game of golf
- Able to work alone or in a team environment
- Highly motivated with the desire to succeed
- Ability and willingness to work long hours, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to safely operate all golf course equipment
Salary: $25,000 to $30,000 (based on experience)
Benefits: Health and Dental insurance (70% paid by employer), paid vacation and sick days, HAGCSA/GCSAA dues paid, golfing privileges
Date Available: Immediately
Golf Course Superintendent
Lawn Care, Turf, Ornamental, & Lawn Renovation Zone Manager
Custom Lawn and Landscape in Olathe, KS is growing rapidly and is looking for great candidates to fill openings created by our growth. We are looking for a lawn care zone manager. This full-time position requires knowledge of turf management, horticulture, forestry or another related field acquired via education or experience. As a turf and plant health care manager you will service and manage customer properties in your own territory, recommend and provide integrated lawn and plant health care services such as fertilization, pest control, core aerification, and lawn renovation. Initial compensation begins at $40,000+ with plenty of annual growth, significant profit sharing and a generous benefit package.
- Know and communicate the most current technical land and plant healthcare information to customers efficiently, neatly and effectively both orally and in written documents.
- Acquire the skills to accurately, safely and efficiently perform applications in a manner that meets or exceeds company standards.
- Aggressively pursue new technical knowledge and skills.
- Provide new levels of training to colleagues.
- Use company technology, forms and documents neatly and accurately.
- Consistently strive to provide value to our company by maintaining high productivity.
- Maintain work areas (truck, office, and shop) in an organized and neat manner.
- Keep yourself and others around you safe at all times.
- Maintain physical and personal appearance that contributes to the goals of sales and production.
- Maintain friendly, helpful and positive relationships with external and internal customers.
- Provide high quality service to internal customers.
- Provide positive feedback to supervisors and those that you may supervise.
- Advance the company's goals of good profit, heathy growth and great reputation.
- Seek to attain knowledge and skills beyond your current level.
- Actively maintain and produce a safe workplace.
- Be accountable.
- Help create a world-class environment in which you and your colleagues thrive.
- Promote intra and inter departmental cohesiveness through example, training and new processes.
- Improve systems to advance the company's goals.
Send resume to email@example.com
or call 913-782-8315 for further inquiries
Second Assistant Superintendent at Ironhorse Golf Club/Troon Golf (Posted 12/12/2017)
Ironhorse Golf Club is an 18-Hole public facility owned by the City of Leawood, managed by Troon Golf.
- Performs routine safety inspections on all spraying and fertilizer equipment.
- Maintains chemical storage and mixing areas in compliance with governmental regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring the safety and direction of chemical/fertilizer handlers and/or helpers.
- Maintains log of applications and files related reports.
- Responsible for hand spraying and maintaining proper mixing amounts and application techniques.
- Keeps up-to-date in knowledge of chemicals/fertilizers that are being applied.
- Ensures proper calibration of all spraying/fertilizing equipment.
- Supervises and assists maintenance staff in daily duties.
- Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
Bachelors degree, Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from four or two-year college or technical school; three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience (Degree preference in agronomy/ horticulture/ plant/soil science).
Special Requirements: Must be able to obtain a Kansas Pesticide Applicator’s license within 90 day
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, and 401k.
Date Available: January 1st 2018
15300 Mission Road
Leawood, KS 66224