Equipment Technician - Nicklaus Golf Club
Nicklaus Golf Club is seeking a qualified individual for an equipment technician/shop manager position. We are in the process of building a new shop which will include new reel grinding equipment, as well as, many pieces of new turf equipment.
- Keeping a clean, safe shop.
- Setting and grinding cutting units daily.
- Identifying and repairing equipment failures, diagnosing problems and ordering parts.
- Routine oil changes.
- 5 years experience as equipment technician of some kind.
- Microsoft Word and Excel for record keeping.
- Experience with mig welder and oxy-acetylene gas torch.
- Prior golf course experience a plus but not required.
- Certifications and special training is a plus.
- Must have own tools.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Health, Dental, and 401k available
Position Available: March 15
Send all resumes to: email@example.com
Gary Sailer, CGCS
Nicklaus Golf Club at Lionsgate
14220 Nall Avenue
Overland Park, KS 66223
Assistant Superintendent - Salina Country Club
The Salina Country Club is an 18-hole private club managed by Troon Prive. The greens are Penn A-4, fairways and tees are Zoysiagrass. The rough is turf type fescue.
Educational Requirements: 2 or 4 year degree in Turf.
Experience Requirements: 3-5 years golf course experience
Special Requirements: Kansas Pesticide Applicators License or ability to obtain
Benefits: Health Insurance, 401K, vacation, uniforms, meals, GCSAA and local membership paid, golfing privileges
Date Available: March 1st
Golf Course Superintendent
Salina Country Club
447 N. Eastborough Rd.
Salina KS 67401
Assistant in Training (AIT) - Spring Creek Golf Club
Spring Creek is a nine hole semi-private club in the heart of the Ozarks National Scenic Riverways. For now the position is offered on seasonal basis March- November at $12/hour. The candidate will be exposed to all aspects of the golf course maintenance operations and must have at least one year of on course experience as well as a positive attitude and strong desire to learn by experience.
Dan Laws G.C.S.
Spring Creek Golf Club
99 County Road 3220
Salem, MO 65560
Assistant Superintendent - Deer Trace Golf Course
The Assistant Superintendent assists in all facets of golf course maintenance under the supervision of the Golf Course Superintendent. The right individual for this position will be motivated, hard working, punctual and have a sincere desire to move forward in the industry. Duties include but are not limited to: course set up, fertilizer and chemical application, record keeping, staff management and training, irrigation operation and maintenance, hand watering and syringing, and equipment care.
Two of Four year degree in Turfgrass Management or equivalent field preferred, but not required
- Supervisory experience preferred, but not required
- Possess or have the ability to obtain Kansas pesticide license
- Valid Driver's License
- Experience in all facets of golf course maintenance, including chemical and fertilizer application, irrigation repair, course set up, equipment repair, and knowledge of the game of golf
- Able to work alone or in a team environment
- Highly motivated with the desire to succeed
- Ability and willingness to work long hours, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to safely operate all golf course equipment
Salary: $25,000 to $30,000 (based on experience)
Benefits: Health and Dental insurance (70% paid by employer), paid vacation and sick days, HAGCSA/GCSAA dues paid, golfing privileges
Date Available: Immediately
Golf Course Superintendent
Lawn Care, Turf, Ornamental, & Lawn Renovation Zone Manager
Custom Lawn and Landscape in Olathe, KS is growing rapidly and is looking for great candidates to fill openings created by our growth. We are looking for a lawn care zone manager. This full-time position requires knowledge of turf management, horticulture, forestry or another related field acquired via education or experience. As a turf and plant health care manager you will service and manage customer properties in your own territory, recommend and provide integrated lawn and plant health care services such as fertilization, pest control, core aerification, and lawn renovation. Initial compensation begins at $40,000+ with plenty of annual growth, significant profit sharing and a generous benefit package.
- Know and communicate the most current technical land and plant healthcare information to customers efficiently, neatly and effectively both orally and in written documents.
- Acquire the skills to accurately, safely and efficiently perform applications in a manner that meets or exceeds company standards.
- Aggressively pursue new technical knowledge and skills.
- Provide new levels of training to colleagues.
- Use company technology, forms and documents neatly and accurately.
- Consistently strive to provide value to our company by maintaining high productivity.
- Maintain work areas (truck, office, and shop) in an organized and neat manner.
- Keep yourself and others around you safe at all times.
- Maintain physical and personal appearance that contributes to the goals of sales and production.
- Maintain friendly, helpful and positive relationships with external and internal customers.
- Provide high quality service to internal customers.
- Provide positive feedback to supervisors and those that you may supervise.
- Advance the company's goals of good profit, heathy growth and great reputation.
- Seek to attain knowledge and skills beyond your current level.
- Actively maintain and produce a safe workplace.
- Be accountable.
- Help create a world-class environment in which you and your colleagues thrive.
- Promote intra and inter departmental cohesiveness through example, training and new processes.
- Improve systems to advance the company's goals.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 913-782-8315 for further inquiries
Assistant Superintendent - Creekmoor Golf Club (Posted 12/20/17)
Creekmoor, one of the KC metro's fastest growing subdivisions, is adding to its Property Owner Association's operations by adding a new department. That department will be managed by one of our former assistant superintendents. Due to this acquisition, Creekmoor Golf Club is seeking to fill the vacant position of assistant golf course superintendent.
The assistant superintendent position requires the individual be a self-starter with a great work ethic. The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to learn all facets of the golf course maintenance operation and grow into someone who will be ready to become a golf course superintendent. The position will report directly to the golf course superintendent and will work hand-in-hand with both the golf course superintendent and the lead assistant superintendent.
- Personnel Management
- General Course Maintenance
- Fertilizer/Pesticide Application
- Irrigation Repair/Troubleshooting
Educational Requirements: Minimum of a two year degree in a related field of study
Salary: $30,000 to $35,000 per year
Benefits: Health/Dental Insurance, paid membership to HAGCSA and GCSAA, continuing education, 401k, PTO, and golfing privileges.
Golf Course Superintendent
Second Assistant Superintendent at Ironhorse Golf Club/Troon Golf (Posted 12/12/2017)
Ironhorse Golf Club is an 18-Hole public facility owned by the City of Leawood, managed by Troon Golf.
- Performs routine safety inspections on all spraying and fertilizer equipment.
- Maintains chemical storage and mixing areas in compliance with governmental regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring the safety and direction of chemical/fertilizer handlers and/or helpers.
- Maintains log of applications and files related reports.
- Responsible for hand spraying and maintaining proper mixing amounts and application techniques.
- Keeps up-to-date in knowledge of chemicals/fertilizers that are being applied.
- Ensures proper calibration of all spraying/fertilizing equipment.
- Supervises and assists maintenance staff in daily duties.
- Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
Bachelors degree, Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from four or two-year college or technical school; three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience (Degree preference in agronomy/ horticulture/ plant/soil science).
Special Requirements: Must be able to obtain a Kansas Pesticide Applicator’s license within 90 day
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, and 401k.
Date Available: January 1st 2018
15300 Mission Road
Leawood, KS 66224
Assistant Superintendent at Falcon Lakes Golf Club (Posted 12/8/2017)
Falcon Lakes, an 18-hole championship golf course, and one of Kansas City’s top public courses, has an immediate opening for the right person to join its management team as Assistant Golf Course Superintendent.
The Assistant will make decisions and support the Superintendent, in all aspects of the golf course maintenance, including: staff management, chemical applications, turf and landscape renovations, irrigation repair/ system management, and improvement in overall course detail.
35,000 – 42,000
- 5 Paid Holidays
- 14 days paid PTO
- Health insurance reimbursement
- Professional Development Costs
- Meal Privileges
- Golfing Privileges
Golf Course Superintendent